Mission and goals
„The right prevention and treatment, for the right patient, in the right time, in the right way“
Personalized and precision medicine is a multi-disciplinary approach in medicine, which crosses the lines of current definitions for medical specializations and therapeutic areas. Their further development and implementation require joined actions and specific steps by various medical specialists and areas in medicine, pharmacy, healthcare management and health policy.
BAPPM gives expertise crossing the lines of the current definitions of medical specializations and therapeutic areas, offers expert and consensus opinions and inter-disciplinary formats and programs.
Under the slogan “The right prevention and treatment, for the right patient, in the right time, in the right way”, we, founder-members of BAPPM, have set the following goals:
- Promotion of the concept, principals, methods, and products of precision and personalized medicine among medical specialists, hospitals and clinics, institutions, and society;
- Development and implementation of sustained algorithm for integration of precision and personalized medicine in Bulgarian healthcare system;
- Exchange of research, clinical real-world-data information for personalized treatment and outcomes from precision medicine;
- Continuous education and improving qualification in the field of precision diagnostics and personalized treatment for medical and other specialists, doctor residents, and medical students;
- International cooperation and sharing best practices with partner organizations in the field of precision and personalized medicine;
- Facilitation of early patients’ access to innovations in diagnostics and therapy in precision and personalized medicine.